For years we have been making cutting boards for family and friends as Christmas gifts and also as donations to local charities for auction items to help raise money.
Our American Flag cutting board is tremendously popular as a specialty gift as well as a favorite item for our charity auctions! Because of their popularity and the constant requests from our customers we have decided to make them part of our standard product line.
In the process of making our cabinet doors and countertops we have always had a certain amount of "throw away" material. After some trial and error in the shop we have standardized our operations to allow us to use material that normally would've been thrown out to make some unique and beautiful cutting boards! These boards are high quality and reasonably priced and a great way to add some character and warmth to your kitchen
Construction Technique & Board Specifications
Your cutting board will be made in an edge grain or end grain construction technique which is basically a butcher block style. These construction techniques are a bit more durable and hold up better to being cut directly on. The individual strips of lumber in your cutting board will range in width from 13/16" - 1 1/4" wide and your board will be approximately 1" thick. Our End grain boards are always 3" thick. Your board is built using premium waterproof glues and clamps. We do not use quick drying glue or an electronic heating process to speed up the glue hardening process. With the exception of utilizing biscuit joinery our cutting boards are built the same way as our solid wood counter tops.
Each board comes to you with a 180 grit finish as well as a hand rubbed mineral oil finish. We recommend finishing your board with several more coats of mineral oil before use and to reapply this finish every three to four weeks. Your cutting board should be cleaned by washing with soap and water and air dried or tower dried, NEVER should it be placed in a dishwasher! Cutting board oil can be purchased at any Home Depot, Lowes or similar stores.
Types of Wood Available
As with our counter tops you can purchase your cutting board in any of the below wood species:
- Oak (red or white)
Ordering your Cutting Board In 3 Easy Steps!
1. Call the Shop at 978-456-3947 or e-mail us at email@example.com
2. Tell us if you want an edge grain or end grain cutting board (see below for pricing and sizes)
3. Type of wood species requested or a mixed hardwood board.
4. Boy that is easy!!!!!!!!
Edge Grain Cutting Board Pricing
- All cutting boards come with mineral oil finish, 1/4" outside edge profile and finger routes. Price variations depend on wood species chosen with maple being the least expensive and walnut being the most expensive. All boards with measure 12" x 22" or 14" x 22".
- Single species cutting boards I.E. all maple or all mahogany - $40 - $60
- Mixed hardwood cutting boards - $50 - $70
- Cutting boards with bread board ends - Additional $15
- American Flag Cutting Boards - $150.00!
Professional Grade End Grain Cutting Blocks
- All end grain cutting blocks come with a mineral oil finish and a 1/8" round over outside edge profile. All blocks are 2 1/4" thick and can be a single wood species or mixed. We offer end grain blocks in walnut hickory and maple or in a mix of two of these three species. Since labor is the cost driver for these cutting blocks, pricing is the same regardless of the wood species chosen on the three species above.
- Size of Cutting blocks may vary slightly (larger or smaller by 1/4") because of the number of pieces and the glue up process.
- 12" x 14" - $225
- 17" x 14" - $275
- 17" x 17" - $350
- 17" x 20" - $375
- Pricing on custom sizes and species available upon request.
- Single board orders have a minimum shipping charge of $25
- Multiple board orders are 15% of the cost of the total order